Parzival (watercolor on paper)


Parzival is one of my favorite literary figures, although my main source is
the Wolfram Von Eschenbach story, Parzival, not Le Morte d'Arthur. Here's my attempt to portrait the legendary Grail knight in one of his lonelier moments.
For interested parties, here is Parzival underway: Parzival in steps

10 have said their bit, now it's your turn:

Anonymous said...

dear son, please mail me
hanzun@gmail.com
for an invite !

great pics by the way !

Debra Keirce said...

Beautiful painting. I especially like your lighting!

Willie Baronet said...

Love the mood of this...

Juan said...

Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

What a dramatic piece! Wow...this is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your kind comments. This has always been a personal favorite; I'm not sure why. I think it has something to do with the warm light.
Paintings of this size often translate poorly to such small internet formats. Like most art it is best experienced live.

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh my! So amazing!

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Awesome!

danny.demon said...

Parzifal. Yes, Steinerbevegelsen har satt merke i din sjel. Jaja, vi formes av alt som vi opplever. Fint bilde, som vanlig.

Tammie Lee said...

the light and details have caught my attention this time of viewing, amazing! Plus you portray the life in the trees and rocks the sky, again so masterful! a gorgeous piece!