Mischief (pencil and color ink on paper)


I think this young fellow looks both sour and suspicious.
Sourly suspicious or suspiciously sour; take your pick.

7 have said their bit, now it's your turn:

Anonymous said...

This is a cool image! How did you do it! I love the sour expression on his face!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Valeriannah said...

What an amazing character. Great illo.

Anonymous said...

wow, beautiful and disturbing! ; ) does he have an extra finger?

a : )

Unknown said...

Hi Indigene,
Glad you liked him. If you are asking about the medium, it’s mainly pencil, with a dash of colour ink here and there, to highlight his mischievous energy. That’s what I was thinking, in any case.
I used to use colour inks instead of watercolour because of their brilliance. But they are hard to work with, so now I just use watercolour.

Cheers!
Son

Unknown said...

Hi Valeriannah,
Thanks for dropping by and your kind comment.

By the way, you have a lovely name. Reminds me of the flower, Valeriana.

Cheers!
Son

Unknown said...

Hi Andi.
Yeah, he has six fingers. He has six toes, too. I found this little man’s photo in an article about polydactylism, which, as you might imagine, is the quality of having extra fingers and toes. From Google: ‘When each hand or foot has six digits, it is sometimes called sexdactyly, hexadactyly, or hexadactylism.’ So now you know that as well.
I was more fascinated with his mischievous expression than his extra digits, but I thought I might as well include them for extra weirdness. People usually register that something is not entirely right about him, but they can’t quite put there finger on what it is . . .

Anyhow, thanks for dropping by and I’m glad you liked the illo.

Cheers!
Son

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.