Hero (pencil & ink on paper)

8 have said their bit, now it's your turn:

ArtSparker said...

...there is no shortage of dragons in this world it appears...wonderfully old-fashioned rendering., there is an illustrator called Kay Neilsen whose work this reminds me of - on google, I just checked.

Unknown said...

I know Neilson's work well. There are quite a few interesting Scandinavian illustrators from the turn of the century and thereabouts. You might want to google Theodor Kittelsen as well. I really like the masters from the golden age of illustration. I’ve recently gotten two fantastic books; 'The Arthur Rackham Treasury' for Christmas and earlier 'Dulac's Fairy Tale Illustrations' as a birthday gift. There is something from that period that is both subtle and magical - not like all the overblown colors and bloody swinging swords of today.
I drew this back in the ‘80s. There weren’t quite as many dragons around back then. Now you can’t turn a corner without running into one.
Er, um, to be honest, I’m doing a piece just now (old style) with both a dragon AND a castle in the background . . . corny I know, but I just love that stuff.

ArtSparker said...

Congratulations on the two excellent illustrator books for Xmas, wondering if you like the Froud brothers & if so if you have seen the 80's film "Legend" (Tom Cruise's second film) , which appeared to have Henson workshop characters based on their work.

Anonymous said...

I love the style of that period, also. You've done the masters well!

pati said...

Gorgeous!

pati @-;--

Anonymous said...

wow... wonderful drawing...with such delicate details.

love your 'resolve'!
m

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Anonymous said...

like the feel of this and the feel of texture to the floor / sides and roof