In the Theatre of War (color ink on paper)


All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu on the Art of War

VI. Weak Points and Strong
9. O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!
Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible;
and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands.

2 have said their bit, now it's your turn:

ArtSparker said...

Unusual take on the subject, a little Terry Gilliam in there possibly? I'm not sure the whale consented, but the line work is beautiful.

Unknown said...

If this has any thing to do with Terry Gilliam, then he is copying me. I noted the date on this as I scanned it in (from an ancient, yellowing photo); 1977. Yeah, not one of my newer pieces . . .
On the brighter side, I soon will have exhausted my entire back-catalog of drawings and paintings - at least the stuff I have access to - and be forced to actually start doing some NEW stuff if I want to keep posting at IF.

Oops, correction here – I just wikied Monty Python and Gilliam and see that they were already active in 1969. My sense of the past is not quite up to date.