Lysergic Landscape (pen & ink on paper)


This is one of my very first drawings. I won’t even hint at how long ago that was. I used to use a rapidograph, one of those dreadful technical pens that clogged up if you didn’t use them on a daily basis. Extra fun - you got to spill indelible India ink all over the place when you tried to refill it. This was before the widespread use of felt-tip pens. Actually, I loved my rapidographs. I think I’ll go up in the attic and see if I can find them.
I have another painting that REALLY fulfils the Balloon theme, but since I used it for an earlier IF post, I figure it’s disqualified. Be that as it may, here’s a link to Murble for those of you whose curiosity has been piqued.

6 have said their bit, now it's your turn:

Kris-Tea said...

Mmm interesting illo!

Anna Nadler said...

Kewl!

Lisa Rivas said...

This is the predecessor of Murble, because it contains the seed of the tree where he is sitting. And it was created in the times of the rapidograph pen. I still have mine and use them, they are great!

Back to this early drawing, the inner workings of all this mystery you carry on this site. It's like the Eye of God space photo, better :)

ArtSparker said...

What a great creature, I just watched Hellboy2 and it reminds me of some of Guillermo del Toro's weird little beings.

Kim de Young said...

love your pen and ink! Radiographs are torture though... I still have mine too

Unknown said...

Well that’s the last time I post two pictures at once; I don’t know who is referring to which and when. In any case, thank you Kris-Tea, Anna, Flying Colors, Art and Princess for your comments.
As to the tricky situation, Flying Colors, I think I used Murble twice before, and that the last time I used him again I made an apology for that, which you see as me foreseeing the future, when in fact, I was merely foreseeing the past. Well I’m glad that’s cleared up.
Art, I’m thinking you are referring to Murble – can’t really see this psychedelic tree thing as a creature in Hellboy2, but, then again, what do I know?
Princess – I have a whole slew of Rapidographs up in the loft (I found them at a flea market and got them for basically nothing). I’m sorely tempted break them out and give them a whorl.