Repair (pen & ink on paper)

3 have said their bit, now it's your turn:

ArtSparker said...

Sort of an M.C. Escher feel to this. Also sort of how Capitalism feels right now, that repair works, despite big resources being brought to bear, is somewhat jury-rigged.

Tammie Lee said...

wild and wonderful piece. Love the feel of the wings.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments. Interesting about the capitalism – I guess living in America you feel this a bit closer than I do out here on the edge of the universe. I’ve always liked Escher although there is a definite retentive element in his work. Swiss/German Ordnung muß sein! and what not. I swiped one of his pictures (‘Slangen’) for the cover of my first unpublished novel, The Beauregarde Affair, and planted a marijuana leaf in the middle. That softened it up a bit . . .
Glad you like it, Tammi. This drawing is from my ‘geometric period’, back in the 70’s. You see the same checkerboard pattern in the IF picture – Strung Out – from last week. There is something about the black/white contrast that appeals to me.