Icarus (pen & ink on paper)


Icarus demonstrating the seeming impossibility of flight.
In death he most likely attained that which he couldn't find in life . . .

9 have said their bit, now it's your turn:

ArtSparker said...

One of my favorites of yours, this is so old school...a bit of William Blake's drawing of muscles and tendons in this.

Lisa Rivas said...

A successful portrayal of impossible ... a classic!
Have a wonderful week-end :-)

M.M.E. said...

I'm so happy to find pen and ink artists like myself!! Keep our art form alive! You can check out my work at www.studiomme.com.

Anonymous said...

i really like this so.

also, i was curious as to whether or not you would be interesting in exchanging drawings or mixtapes or maybe just letters or anything?

just an idea and i certainly would not take offense if you were not keen to the idea.





still, i adore your art and hope you continue posting for a long time.

Tammie Lee said...

So glad I could click on this to see it larger. The details are wonderful. Love the flying feathers too.

Captain Smack said...

Last night I dreamt that I jumped from an airplane. I hadn't remembered the dream until I saw this.

Brea said...

I am in love with Icarus. I've been thinking about getting a tattoo of his flight and fall for some time now, and now all I want is your work inked into my flesh.

Brea said...

I am in love with Icarus. I've been contemplating getting his flight/fall as a tattoo for awhile, and now all I want is your work inked into my flesh.

Unknown said...

Go for it, Brea - would love to see the result.
Cheers!
Son