Pale (ink on paper/digital coloring)


Regular visitors to The Return of Son of Incogneato will be quick to note that this is not a typical Son motif nor usual drawing style. Uh, like where’re the trees, Dude? To this I can only say that sometimes one needs to kick out some figurative.
For added fun I’ve decided to follow in the footsteps of Tammie from Spirithelpers and do a mini-quiz.
Here we go: What’s this person’s gender and what’s he wearing?
Damn, I already gave away the first part. Okay - be the first to correctly identify the 'clothing' and I’ll send you something. I don’t know what yet, but I’ll try to make it something relatively cool, like the miniature plastic jujutsu Snoopy I’m looking at right now. Btw, clothing means the dress-thing, not the headgear or Lolita shades.
Otherwise, for some beautiful photography and wise, gentle words, treat yourself to a visit to Tammie’s place: http://miztlee.blogspot.com/. You never know what kind of magic you might find there . . .

14 have said their bit, now it's your turn:

S. Collier said...

Garbage bag?
Nice piece.

Unknown said...

Superiorly impressive, Dropout! A big, black garbage bag it is. Mail me a snailmail address (if you dare . . .) and I’ll find something in my copious pile of precious objects to brighten your day . . .

Well, folks, that was a rather quick mini-quiz.

Cheers!
Son

ArtSparker said...

Rats, I was going to say garbage bag...I will have to be faster next time.

Is there more to the story? Cause, suggests a narrative...

A cross-dressing vampire? And what's in the bag he's holding?

Thank you for the lovely comment you made on my blog today.

Tammie Lee said...

well that mini-quiz went fast!
I was going to say trash bag too, after some funnin' with you.

You made me purrr in an ahhhhh kind of way when I read your mention of my little place in blog-land. Many warm thanks.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I came here, I thought...where am I? lol! But, I'm loving this graphic style, too!

Unknown said...

Sorry folks, no special story here. A lot of my figurative drawings come about when I feel the need to do something creative but don’t manage to start a full-blown painting with all the details. Lazy Son. Typically I come across a photo in a magazine or newspaper and because of some interesting quality I choose to draw/paint it.
I can’t remember where I found this fellow, but I think I was impressed by his garbage bag accoutrement and, especially, his Lolita glasses. Plus the black/white contrast. I think he was supposedly attending a Halloween party or something. Maybe he was a cross-dressing vampire. The bag thing in the foreground is just more of his garbage bag. I suspect that it is filled with miniature plastic jujutsu Snoopys.
Tammie purring like a cat; why doesn’t that surprise me? As for mentioning your blog, I’m not sure either you or Susan want any extra visits to your sites – it looks like the two of you are getting deluged with comments as is. Ah, such is the price of talent . . .

Ha-ha indigene; not typical Son fare is it? Yet your comment is as gracious as always. Thanks.

Thanks for stopping by.

Peter Breese said...

Very cool. I just like the feel of it.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Peter, glad that you could drop by.
A visit to your blog revealed some very nice illustration work. At a quick glance I particularly liked the Rocket Boy piece. Great composition (the soft skyline is brilliant) and there’s just something special about black and white drawings.

Zz... said...

I actually really like this one...it's good to break away from the norm every now and again!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your empathetic sentiments, Ms. Lane. I recently talked to a fellow creative-kind-of-person and we agreed that it's all too easy to get caught up in a singular style or mode. If you are a professional artist I guess a recognizable style could be a good selling point. For artsy-fartsy types such as myself there is no good reason that I can think of to get stuck in any particular genre. On the other hand, I am very fond of trees . . .

Captain Smack said...

I imagine a trash bag would be rather hot. Not "hawt" hot, but sweaty hot. If it were me, I think I would go the more politically correct route, and wear a recycling bin.

Unknown said...

I know this may sound suspect, but I once completely decked myself out in plastic grocery bags. Yes, it was Halloween – I was Bagman. I don't remember being hot, but then again I don't seem to remember a whole lot from that particular evening. One thing that I do recall is that the women were so after me that my ‘date’ had to write ‘He’s Taken!’ on my back in lipstick just to keep them at bay. I think there was some primeval urge to shop that drove them mad.

A recycling bin, you say? I’d like to see that. I’m not sure you’d be getting the same kind of attention that I was, but it might appeal to the more organically minded.

Kate Lord Brown said...

I remember going out wearing a binbag once ... whole punk phase, you know. The Lolitas are a nice touch Son.

Unknown said...

Kate as punk? Interesting. Photos? What's a binbag?
Yeah, the shades pushed him over the top and made him an interesting subject.