A Brief Respite (pen & ink on paper)


This is kind of a doodle from work, drawn during a meeting.
A certain Line A. bent over and 'filled' the wine glass with her red pen.
The finishing touch! That makes this a joint effort.

8 have said their bit, now it's your turn:

murphy girl said...

stunning! well done!

Anonymous said...

reminds me of Milne's Winnie the Pooh drawings. Simple but powerful.

ArtSparker said...

This is very energetic as to line work and dear in some way I can't quite explain. Presumably the inhabitant of the chair is the monarch of all he surveys.

Unknown said...

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments. Words such as stunning and comparisons to A. A. Milne warm the cockles of my heart in these chilly November days.

Unknown said...

ArtSparker – I must thank you particularly for your special comments. Your commentary is always artistically specific and, even better yet, a little bit off the wall.
Yes, he is the monarch of all he surveys. Especially after he has gotten a couple of glasses of vino in him. Or she, as the case may be . . .

Anonymous said...

i really adore this.

a very lovely place for a picnic.

Unknown said...

I am a big fan of the black and white with a splash of color. I have been drawing trees in the edges of my notebooks since I was in grade school and I am no good. But YOU, are good!

Unknown said...

Thanks J. and Milly.
It’s funny how you can work really hard (and long) on a piece and it doesn’t pan out whatsoever, and then you can scribble about for five minutes during a boring meeting and something nice just clicks into place.

Sometimes I wonder if the less we try to create something, the easier is to let go and let it happen. . .