Contagious (pencil on paper/digitally treated)


No company is preferable to bad. We are more apt to catch the vices of others than virtues, as disease is far more contagious than health . . .
- Charles Caleb Colton

2 have said their bit, now it's your turn:

ArtSparker said...

Reminds me of 19th century photos of ectoplasm. Spooky! Also makes me think of the scientific tracking of ecstatic vision and its relation to seizure.

Unknown said...

The scientific tracking of ecstatic vision and its relation to seizure? Well my friend, you’ve certainly got my number. As a trained yet non-practicing scientist and a practicing - albeit somewhat reluctant, but not really - ecstatic visionary, I often feel personally drawn, quartered and deconstructed at the crossroads of these diametrically opposed Weltanschauungen. Seizure is probably a little bit strong – perhaps we can settle for ‘mildly and occasionally delusional’?
That said I clearly see your reference to those corny 19th century gauze-coming-out-of-the-mouth ectoplasm photos.